A downloadable game for Windows
A short unpolished VR demo/experience for the 2015 Shayla Games VR Jam: Enter a trippy world and meet some skeletons and later a dark and very evil golem ... it's up to you what you'll do ... kill with thunder or heal with flowers?
Usually, you'll probably want to go through the experience a few times until you've seen all possible paths. There's also a few easter-eggs you might find (falling off the plane is not a bug, seriously!)
Works best with Sixense/Razor Hydra:
- Move forward/backward or strafe left/right: Use right hand joystick
- Turn left/right: Use left hand joystick
- Select target: Look at target and press upper trigger (left or right hand joystick)
- Blast: Right trigger
- Heal: Left trigger
Known Issue: Currently, the only way to make this properly work for left-handed players is to switch the controllers - better left-handed/right-handed support will be added later.
Controls when not using Hydra:
- WASD to move
- Click left mouse button and move mouse left/right to turn left/right
- Select target by looking at it and then right-clicking with your mouse.
- F: Blast Lighting
- G: Heal
Warning: You need to keep the mouse cursor above the Window of the game (not inside the HMD) - otherwise, mouse commands won't work.
- There's flickering, especially noticeable with the GUI - that's a known Unity 5.1 issue (will be fixed as soon as I get a Unity build that doesn't do this)
- Currently, there's no Mac version because Unity+DK2+Hydra doesn't work, and without Hydra, it's kind of messy to control
- Left-handed Hydra support is currently a little "hackish" (you need to take the left controller in your right hand, the right controller in the left hand)
- Does not have proper start and ending
- You need to restart to start over (which you probably want to do when you've killed everything the first time you play ;-) )
- Startup area with a little tutorial and some automagical setup
- Much improved "magic" using the Hydras position tracking (think of fireballs above your hand that you can throw ;-) )
- Experience of falling down from the plane will be improved ;-)
- SteamVR / HTC Vive support (can I haz DevKit, plz!? ;-) )
You need the Oculus Runtime 0.5.0.1 installed (this has not been tested with 0.6). Otherwise: Just unzip the archive and run it ;-)
Windows Only ATM (until DK2+Hydra works fine on the Mac when using Unity 5.1).